I don’t know why I can never do things ahead of time, or on time for that matter, but I always find myself being the last person to do anything! Most other bloggers posted their resolutions/plans for 2015 within the first 1-3 days of the new year, but here I am, rollin’ in six days late. But, as they say, better late than never!
I know a lot of people say they’re not really into resolutions, and prefer ‘goals,’ but tomato, tomahto. So here are mine – both personal and blog-related!
1. I hate to be so basic – but yes, I would like to eat more healthy and become more active… it’s just completely necessary.
2. Think before I speak: Another bad habit since I was little. Towards the end of 2014 I found myself actually pausing before I said certain things, but I’d like to continue this habit and think before I say (and do) most things. It really sucks having to backtrack and clean up an accidental mess!
3. Solve my own problems: This one is huge for me because I constantly look towards others for advice from personal issues to clothing options, and although I know my friends have my best interest, I think it would be nice to make decisions completely on my own for a change. It sounds so liberating! (life-coaching only a few times, Gilar 🙂 )
1. ACTUALLY FREAKING BLOG – Most people don’t know this, but I’ve had this blog for over a year, and most people have made so much progress within their first year, but I’ve just been slow to the job. BUT, I promised myself that this is the year I really dedicate myself to growing this blog and producing good, authentic content (thankfully with the help of my friend Connor) – p.s. – that image you see above is my first, successful attempt at using photoshop! eek!!
2. Grow my blog Instagram and blog followers period (LOL) – Instagram is such a huge tool in pushing traffic to blogs, so I’d really like to continuously utilize it. I’d also just like to gain followers in general for the blog, because as my cousin once said – “You’re just talking to yourself, Lauren.”… Thanks, Matt.
3. Promote, promote, promote: When I mentioned that I’ve had my blog for a while and not much has happened, it’s because I’ve always been nervous to tell people that I do this. I just feel like blogging can be seen as so cliché, and I used to get embarrassed. But a part of growing up and maturing is learning not to care what other’s think – so I really hope I can accomplish this and continue to put my blog out there.
What are some of your new year’s resolutions?
Photo by Sarah Spech