Happy Wednesday, friends! I can’t even begin to explain what a whirlwind these past two weeks have been. My mom was in town for about 5 days over President’s Day weekend, and last week was just a crazy time with work obligations. I’m happy things have finally slowed down a bit, and allowed me some more free time with the blog! With that said, I’ve been tossing around the idea of roundups, and whether they’re a good idea – but ultimately decided I wanted to give it a try, but encompass things for the different types of people who stop by the blog, since everyone is different. I’d love to hear your thoughts on this first round of February Favorites!
For the Everyday Girl
- I’ve been getting so into clean skincare lately and am in the process of doing a complete overhaul of all of my products that are toxic. Has anyone else downloaded the Think Dirty app? Total game changer! Loved this article on how products that tingle and have sensations after using them are in fact doing more harm than good – not simply “working.”
- With spring and summer (slowly) approaching, my friends and I are still trying to plan all of the trips for the next few months. This post provides some excellent travel hacks on how to save money while jet setting!
- The Cut has some of the best series. Loved this article as part of the Ask a Boss series on work etiquette tips, and the answers to common questions we all might have (such as how to ask to work from home).
For the Blogger
- As bloggers, we read ALL of the emails – from brands, PR services, that newsletter you know you never signed up for… you name it. Entrepreneur is one of my favorite publications to follow, and this article provides some useful tips on how to manage your inbox. Thinking I need to check out Unroll Me and Boomerang!
- I don’t know about you, but I’m constantly struggling with blog post ideas – which leads to periods of inconsistency. Fortunately, I stumbled upon the Hubspot Blog Ideas Generator, and it’s pretty cool! You have to be a bit specific with your keywords, but it’s definitely worth a try.
- I finally made a media kit several months back which I absolutely love, but after reading Katherine’s post about how media kits can actually do you a disservice, I’ve already started to implement some of her tips!
- Scheduling social media posts can be one of the most tedious aspects of blogging, so I shared some of my favorite social media scheduling tools to help with productivity.
For the Shopper
- I’ve been a longtime fan of jumpsuits/rompers, and don’t see that changing anytime soon. This cute linen jumpsuit with cutout details is calling my name!
- I’m sure you guys know by now that LOFT is one of my favorite retailers, so thinking I need to add this striped tunic to my collection. How cute with white jeans in the spring?!
- After doing “no-shopping January” (kind of) last month, I’ve had a serious case of the shopping bug these past few weeks. BUT, it’s only because I’m going on vacation very soon, so naturally I need to plan accordingly. You can shop my current finds, as well as pieces I’ve been eyeing below. P.S. – it’s somewhere very warm!