The other day, I was reading a post from one of my favorite bloggers, Hallie of Corals and Cognacs, that featured an article from The New York Times about falling in love just through asking intimate questions. The questions were to be asked by couples, but Hallie put her own spin on it and based it off of the relationship between she and her readers, and challenged other bloggers to do the same. However, since there’s not many of you yet (lol), I’d like to do the same, but only answer questions that relate to me, personally. I think it’s a great exercise to learn more about yourself, so you should give it a try, too!
1. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? – OMG, I do this all the time. I always plan out what and how I’ll say something, and I even think about the other person’s responses… which is probably going overboard and kinda creepy. BUT it’s really just a waste of time because my convo’s NEVER go how I plan them LOL!
2. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? – I sing to myself all the time, but it’s pretty horrendous. There’s this meme on twitter that says, “if i sing around you i am 150% comfortable with you because i cannot sing for shit.” True story.
3. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? – I really want to know what my career will be, who my husband is, how many kids I’ll have, and where we’ll live. (Also, if I’ll be rich, but you’re not supposed to admit those things!)
4. Share with
your partner someone an embarrassing moment in your life. – I’ve run into a tree on two separate occasions and broken my ankle both times. I was called a “tree killer” for a while. I also broke the same ankle once more playing monkey-in-the-middle in the ugliest Steve Madden penny loafers that had a heel that was too much for me at the time.
5. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? – So, I really want to save my computer, but I’m gonna go with my phone because I just can’t figure out how to install iMessage on my computer for the life of me (I know, dumb), and I can’t go without talking to people.
6. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? – I think I would want to have the ability to be truly content and happy with all of my blessings. I often find myself wanting more and more, when I have so much already.
Now, it’s your turn! Here’s the list of questions, so feel free to answer them on your own, or leave some answers in the comments!
Jeans: Gap // Shirt: Old Navy // Heels: Joes Jeans
Photo by Sarah Spech